ASSIST Tool Suite
The ASSIST Tool Suite automates the design of complex and distributed control systems and adheres to the rigorous engineering principles of safety-critical systems
Design Space Exploration
Evaluate different hardware architectures or software designs for feasibility and cost-effectiveness.
- Define variations in the hardware resources, software components and redundancy requirements
- Define your design space with “Exploration Candidates”
- Automatically explore the design space and quickly find feasible solutions
- Evaluate feasible solutions with built-in and customizable metrics
Deployment & Mapping
Create an allocation for all software components (tasks or applications) to the hardware resources in the system. ASSIST automatically manages resource capacities and ensures resource compatibility.
- Create a mapping for all software components automatically
- Ensure satisfaction of all resource requirements and safety requirements
- Find the best mapping by using customizable metrics to evaluate every deployment
- Manage shared resources on multicore processor for multi-function integration
Create a periodic schedule for your real-time tasks and ensure a predictable and deterministic timing behavior.
- Automatically determine the length of the hyperperiod
- Define different task switching time to fit the timing behavior of the RTOS or hypervisor
- Define timing relation to fix a real-time behavior
- Allow for task slicing to increase processor utilization
- Ensure synchronized access to shared resources
ASSIST can be quickly used with almost no front loading effort
ASSIST automates crucial engineering tasks with quick feedback
ASSIST can import requirements and data from external tools and models
ASSIST features a simple and powerful specification language
ASSIST creates results which are correct “by construction”
ASSIST can export generated results to external engineering tools
ASSIST allows to analyze and evaluate the results in a GUI
ASSIST can be adapted to support customer-specific requirements
ASSIST runs on Windows, Linux and MacOS
Selected Case Studies & Publications
- Zimmermann, Armin & Maschotta, Ralph & Wichmann, Alexander & Hilbrich, Robert. (2018). Optimization of systems with nested design space. 1-8. 10.1109/SYSCON.2018.8369550. [Link]
- Hilbrich, Robert & Behrisch, Michael. (2017). Experiences Gained From Modeling and Solving Large Mapping Problems During System Design. 10.1109/SYSCON.2017.7934795 [Link].
- Hilbrich, Robert. (2015). Platzierung von Softwarekomponenten auf Mehrkernprozessoren. 10.1007/978-3-658-11173-1 [Link].
- Hilbrich, Robert & Dieudonné, Laurent. (2013). Deploying Safety-Critical Applications on Complex Avionics Hardware Architectures. Journal of Software Engineering and Applications. 06. 229-235. 10.4236/jsea.2013.65028 [Link].