Simulate the Movement of all Vehicles and Pedestrians in a City
SUMO is a microscopic mobility simulator. It allows to build realistic traffic and mobility models of entire cities for a variety of application ares. It supports the modeling of pedestrians, bicycles, passenger cars, trucks, busses, trains and even ships.
- Digital twins of smart cities
- Testing automated driving functions
- Traffic management and prediction
- Development of (AI-based) traffic light control algorithms
- Development of vehicle dispatchers for (on-demand) public transport systems
- Evaluation of traffic (emissions, noise, …)
SUMO is not just a “player” for mobility simulations. Instead it provides various tools to simplify the creation, execution and evaluation of simulation scenarios – thus becoming a versatile and extensible toolbox.
SUMO is very fast since its simulation engine is written in C++. The code is platform independent and can be executed on Windows, Linux and OSX. SUMO offers APIs to interface with a running simulation in C, C++, Python or Java.
The initial development of SUMO was started in 2001 by the German Aerospace Center (DLR). SUMO is now a software project of the Eclipse Foundation. It is widely used as part of industrial and research applications and benefits from a very active community of international users from the industry and academia.
The co4e GmbH is a commercial service provider for SUMO. Our team consists of SUMO experts with profound knowledge and expertise regarding its software architecture and the application of traffic and mobility simulations in general.
- Training and workshops to gain SUMO proficiency
- Consultancy and service for the successful application of SUMO in your projects
- Development of SUMO features and adaptation of existing functionality
- Implementation of projects based on SUMO
Please contact us for more details or a quote for your project.